What appliances use gas in the house?
5 Uses of Natural Gas in Your Home Other Than Heating
- Cooking with natural gas. A lot of avid cooks prefer using a natural gas-powered oven instead of an electric model.
- Heating water. Homes connected to natural gas often include a hot water heater that relies on the commodity as well.
- Cooling your home.
- Lighting a fire.
- Drying your clothes.
How can I lower my gas bill?
Believe it or not, there are numerous ways homeowners can keep their houses warm, decrease their gas bills and not spend a fortune doing it.
5 Easy Ways to Lower Your Gas Bill During the Winter
- Turn Down Your Home Thermostat.
- Start Insulating Your Windows.
- Use the Sun.
- Decrease Water Temperature.
- Adjust the Fireplace.
What causes a gas bill to be high?
Why is my gas bill higher than usual? Possible reasons for a gas bill which is higher than usual include: You have used your gas heater more or had more hot water showers due to unseasonably cold weather during the bill period. Some of your gas appliances may be faulty or inefficient and used more energy as a result.
What does Enbridge cover?
Enbridge Gas does not sell, rent, install or repair natural gas products like furnaces, water heaters, dryers and fireplaces. We also do not install natural gas lines after the meter (like for a barbecue or pool heater).